We take your privacy seriously and our Privacy Notice is shown below.
A copy of this Privacy Notice may be downloaded using this link for a PDF file.
Berkhamsted Local History & Museum Society (BLH&MS) is subject to data protection regulations under UK law, which control the use of personal data.
Comply with the data protection laws of the UK.
- Only collect personal data (name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses and similar) for the purposes of the administration of the Society and its activities.
- Only contact an individual by post, email or telephone if they have given their explicit permission for that method. An individual can withdraw that permission at any time by contacting the Membership Secretary.
- Look after the data (it is strictly confidential) and not lose it.
- Allow an individual to see the data held about them, and the Society will correct it, if necessary, or if requested, the Society will delete the data.
- Review data held regularly, and when no longer needed for active use the Society will either delete the data or, if a record is still needed (and the individual has not requested their record to be deleted) reduce the data held to the minimum necessary information.
- Not use the data for business purposes.
- Not pass on the data to a third party without explicit consent to do so.
- Destroy data carefully so it cannot be accessed in future.
This policy was last updated on 20th May 2018.
We may need to update it periodically to take into account changes at the Berkhamsted Local History & Museum Society or, for example, to reflect changes to regulations or legislation.
Updates to this policy will be posted on the Society’s website. Please check it from time to time. We will also inform you of any changes by email where we have your email address, or by mail if we do not.